Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

I don't have good memories of pumpkin carving from last year. I remember gutting out this huge pumpkin, my hand just killin' me and I remember trying so hard to make the intricate design perfect. Yup, that sounds like me! Well not this year. I was not going to make the same mistake twice. This year, while the kids were napping, I began gutting the pumpkins. And first I should say, I had Buxton pick out two pretty small pumpkins this year. While gutting the pumpkins, the biggest challenge was fitting my hand into the small pumpkin top. That's how it should be! The gutting process took all of 10 minutes! When the babies woke up, it was carvin' time. All I had to do was put some Gerber puffs in front of Brayleigh Ray to keep her interested in the carving. Buxton, he thought all the carving tools were really, really cool! I decided that Buxton could pretty much carve his own pumpkin. He held the tool, with my hand over his, and showed me exactly where he wanted the eyes, nose and mouth! Together, we began to saw out each feature. I think he did a wonderful job! He then said he wanted his pumpkin to have a hat. I failed miserably at this task! Anyways... it was now time to carve Sissy's pumpkin, how'd I do?! She didn't really get to help with this part. However, she LOVES the taste of pumpkin! Any little scrap that fell out of her pumpkin, she dodged for so quick! We had fun, sure did miss our Daddy Carver though.

No comments:

Post a Comment