Thursday, January 6, 2011
Meet Laney
We did not get another dog... but this is Laney, she was a part of our family for 7 days! It was a Thursday afternoon when I was driving to get Buxton from school, Laney ran out in front of my car, I almost hit her. I pulled over, picked her up and quickly went door to door. No owner was found. After getting Buxton, we headed home and cleaned her up. She was riddled with worms, invested with flees, dehydrated, and struggling with malnutrition. We spent the next several days nursing her back to health and showing her much love. I worked with her teaching her how to "go" outside, she was doing excellent! Knowing we couldn't keep her due to our up coming trip to Seattle, we took her into the on post vet where we planned to hand her over, they informed us if she was no adopted by tomorrow, she would be euthanized by Christmas. There was no way I was handing this, now perfectly healthy puppy, over to them. On day 7 we found her original owners. It was hard to see her go. We drive by her house and get to see her playing out back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment