Sunday, September 20, 2009

Big Brother & Sissy

BIG BROTHER & SISSY
Big Brother Buxton has been potty training since April of this year. He actually initiated the beginning and we ran with it! I hate to say it, but it was pretty EASY! If anything, it was an annoyance. When we first started, Buxton thought it was so cool to go on the big boy potty that he wanted to go every ten minutes, literally. This was difficult, being on my own and with Brayleigh Ann only a couple months old. We started out with M&M's as treats, but sooner then later he didn't care about receiving a treat, so I didn't force it! The best part about the training was I didn't have to continually ask him if he had to go, he always told me when he needed to go. I'm not sure when the "training" part is considered over, but we have been accident free for several weeks now! Way to go B! Now I just want to know, when does he start going on his own?! We are still working on night time potty training, but being (day) potty trained at the age 2 sounds pretty good to me!
X
Mommy: Buxton are you sick? Buxton: No, Buxton two!
X
This was the response from my boy with a 102 temperature. The kids in the 2 year old nursery class at church all got a virus. Along with the temperature, he had a terrible cough. He lost his voice and you could hear his breathing. It was so sad to see Little Buck out of himself. By day 4, Buxton started feeling much better, just a slight cough. But of course, as it always happens, Brayleigh Ann got sick as well. It started out not too bad, just a slight fever and cough. But progressed quickly to terrible ear infection. This is my first experience with an ear infection. It is so sad, my poor baby girl. She is on lots of medication, and seems to be improving. (Good thing, we get on a plane in a week). The biggest struggle is having two needy whinny children! Boy what I wouldn't give for my husband back.
When she's a healthy baby girl, she is a sass! When she is mad, like when you tell her the n.o word, she tenses up and lets out one loud scream burst. Matthew, hearing about it, thinks it's quite comical, I don't agree. She is very naughty! He prefers to say "well she came from you Babe, what did you expect?!" We see where she gets her naughtiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment